Talion A year with the Arrma Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-fanatic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
Well l have had the talion over a year now. It's been a basher and I have had it at the track.

It's been a great truck and just last week I finally had a part break at the track. It was the rear hub bearings. So I picked up the fast Eddie bearing kit. They seem nice enough. While l was at it I rebuilt the diffs since I had to open the diffs to replace the bearings anyways. The rear outer diff grease was dry and the diff oil was just about gone, so it was time.
The only upgrades l have done are the tires(for the track. I use the stock ones for bashing) the servo (hitec 7950) and made an aluminum servo tray, I also put on rear mud guards. The rest of the truck is stock(well l put slightly thicker oil in the shocks)

Mine is a version 1 and the ESC is my only complaint. The throttle delay in it is horrible. The ESC will be my next upgrade.

So even after a year of ownership I'm still happy with this truck. I have gotten 3 of my friends to get one too.

So how do you all feel about yours? Still happy?

A year of bashing and you've only broken a rear hub bearing, that's pretty impressive. Great review and glad to hear it's still living up to your expectations.

I've had mine for over a year now aswell. Its also a v1 and the esc is terrible...I soon swapped mine out for a Hobbywing quicrun 150 and it made a vast difference. The only breakages i've had are a wheel which shattered, and a bent front shock shaft but thats only cause i hit a tree stump....Great truggy.

Here is my Talion and my older Losi 8TE 3.0

Playing at a job site

Attachments

• 20170723_114105.jpg
    20170723_114105.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20170723_114126.jpg
    20170723_114126.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20170723_114153.jpg
    20170723_114153.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 83
Unfortunately. I was hoping it would die and it would force me to buy a better one but it's still gettin it

Hi guys, i have my Talion from may last year and still using v1 esc and motor with no issues. I needed to replace servo and small parts, the rest is great, my feeling is that it's a hard guy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4212.PNG
    IMG_4212.PNG
    918.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4213.PNG
    IMG_4213.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Interesting to read about your truggies. I have a Kraton and had to rebuild two diffs in the last two weeks that were destroyed. It's amazing how much more stress the big tires put on the truck! And I won't fail to mention the monster motor I am running, Hobbystar 4092, awesome but spend a lot of time on diff repairs!

The talion is great! I don't think I broke anything on mine, when I had it. Bent the rear shock tower on a bad skate-park landing, though.... =) my current Kraton is a beast, but I guess it invites more abuse. Not much goes wrong with my Kraton, but every now and again, something will fail.

Re: v1 esc- to me it is solid. That delay is annoying as heck, though. Yeah, I know some blx180s failed (ok, a lot of them... lol) but hang out with some tekin or castle guys at the race track - you will see failed esc' s nearly every weekend.

Well I replaced my springs and shock oil. Will be running it tomorrow to see how it handles. Will be running it against my brother. I just rebuilt my brothers Losi 8t 2.0E last night. I plan on smoking him on the track with a truck that cost 1/4 the price. Lol

I also have had my Talion over a year now with original esc and motor. I run pro line badlands and DE wheels. I replaced the springs and added mud guards. It is a beast and a blast to drive. The only thing that I have broke is the rear of the body. It truly is a beast.
IMG_1513.JPG

image.jpg

HI all.

One question about this. Do you usually break rear shock pistons? When doing big jumps with bigger tires, Louise RC uphill 2.8, i break that parts.

I'm lookking for a compatible part from another vendor. I'd like to buy more than the teo included in AR330203 kit.

Thanks ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_2763.JPG
    IMG_2763.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 51
I also have had my Talion over a year now with original esc and motor. I run pro line badlands and DE wheels. I replaced the springs and added mud guards. It is a beast and a blast to drive. The only thing that I have broke is the rear of the body. It truly is a beast. View attachment 11545

View attachment 11546
What size badlands are they? Are they truggy rims? That's the bashing combo I'm looking for.

Broke down and ordered the arrma Talion 2 gen esc and motor. Hope it will feel more like the castle system in my Losi.

A year of bashing and you've only broken a rear hub bearing, that's pretty impressive. Great review and glad to hear it's still living up to your expectations.
Hi everyone I have all the screws to the Arma talion I want to build one from the ground up I’ve always wanted to do this Since The V4 came out I just wanna say I build it myself anyone please if you could help me with parts and what I need new to build us the information would be greatly appreciate it and what’s up woodie

Hi everyone I have all the screws to the Arma talion I want to build one from the ground up I’ve always wanted to do this Since The V4 came out I just wanna say I build it myself anyone please if you could help me with parts and what I need new to build us the information would be greatly appreciate it and what’s up woodie
Down load the manual you can get all the part #’s on there. You can print off the parts diagram and check them off as you go. Will help too when you go to assemble ????

Down load the manual you can get all the part #’s on there. You can print off the parts diagram and check them off as you go. Will help too when you go to assemble ????
Thank you so Much I will keep you updated

Note that this thread was last active ~ 3 years ago, might not get the response you are seeking.
Get partial kits from JRC when they have stock. That will cover ~ 80% of everything you need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back