Arrma Raider body $5.68

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WoodiE thanks. after i posted it here, i realized it should have been in raider section. thinking about picking it up and mod it for my granite since its so cheap

@WoodiE thanks. after i posted it here, i realized it should have been in raider section. thinking about picking it up and mod it for my granite since its so cheap

On the Raider, the front is secured with 1 screw, then 2 in the back.
The rear would match fine.
The front screw goes into PN 320183.
Vorteks and Granite use a slightly different set-up.

@Steve would it be something as simple as changing the front post or would I need to do a lot more?

@Steve would it be something as simple as changing the front post or would I need to do a lot more?

Compare these:
upload_2016-1-25_14-55-25.png

upload_2016-1-25_14-56-8.png

The exploded view @Walter posted is a good guide.
In addition, I'll pop the tops off the Vorteks and Raider, then let you know if there are any "immovable" components that prevent the Raider body from fitting.
Sometimes, the "old fashioned" way is the best... ;)

Thanks @Steve. Looking at those exploded diagrams is a little confusing. Since this is my first real rc I thought getting a rtr car would be the way to go buy now I'm kinda wishing I got a kit so I can learn more about the car by building it.

RTR is a kit... it's just put together.

Start taking stuff apart. Go slow. Take notes and pictures and keep your parts well separated and labeled as you remove them. The diagrams will make more sense and wrenching = learning.

Have Fun! :)

Thanks @Steve. Looking at those exploded diagrams is a little confusing. Since this is my first real rc I thought getting a rtr car would be the way to go buy now I'm kinda wishing I got a kit so I can learn more about the car by building it.

Take the car out bashing @upangued , after replacing a few busted parts, plus maintenance you'll have your "kit"... ;)

@Walter I know rtr is a kit. I just meant I wish I put it together to be more familiar with the parts. It's a lot of info I'm trying to absorb. Honestly it gets kinda hard to follow some of these threads since I don't know what half of what you guys are saying but I think I'm slowly getting it. @Steve once I get a little more knowledge under my belt, I'll be able to cut my granite loose. I've tried a few smaller jumps. So far I'm lucky to only have lost 2 body clips.

@Walter I know rtr is a kit. I just meant I wish I put it together to be more familiar with the parts. It's a lot of info I'm trying to absorb. Honestly it gets kinda hard to follow some of these threads since I don't know what half of what you guys are saying but I think I'm slowly getting it. @Steve once I get a little more knowledge under my belt, I'll be able to cut my granite loose. I've tried a few smaller jumps. So far I'm lucky to only have lost 2 body clips.

Body clips, E-clips and screws just seem to walk or fly away.
Good practice to have some spares.
When I place an order at Tower, I check my supply, if one's low, then its a good time to get re-stocked, especially if you already hit the Free Shipping amount.

@Steve yea I made the mistake of thinking i was going to take it slow with my granite until I got the hand of it. I ended up finding this grate in the middle of a hill where I was able to catch some air. Couple cartwheels and I lost 2 body clips. Don't have time to stop by the shop since it's not close buy but that's where amazon prime comes in.

Here's the video I offered up, shows the part you need to attach the Raider body to a Vorteks/Granite.
I didn't go Hollywood with multiple takes, camera falls over part way in. Things happen.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video @Steve . I never thought about the roll cage thing. I did see they sell it separately though. Imma try taking down my granite if I can find time this weekend while looking at your video again.

Thanks for the video @Steve . I never thought about the roll cage thing. I did see they sell it separately though. Imma try taking down my granite if I can find time this weekend while looking at your video again.

You're most welcome. Happy to help a forum member. To stack p/n 320183 on top of the rear side of the front shock tower, would be about a 15mm long screw, commonly used around Arrma vehicles.
I was thinking of taking the video down after a bit [maybe a couple months], so take your time, but plz let me know when you're done with it.

Last edited:
Sorry for 2nd reply, just wanted to add, was thinking of getting this Traxxas body for the Vorteks.
Pro-Line Desert Rat Body for Traxxas
I've been doing some more "bottom feeder" shopping on eBay for a cheapie body to cut up for an FPV camera mount.

@Steve did you end up getting that proline body? I ended up falling asleep on the green body for the raider and now its back at full price but i found one in blue on ebay for a little more. They also have the 2014 mega bodies for like $15 on eBay. Was that part # 320183 for the roll cage? its discontinued now and the replacement looks different. I'm hoping i get time Saturday or early Sunday to take it down.

@Steve did you end up getting that proline body? I ended up falling asleep on the green body for the raider and now its back at full price but i found one in blue on ebay for a little more. They also have the 2014 mega bodies for like $15 on eBay. Was that part # 320183 for the roll cage? its discontinued now and the replacement looks different. I'm hoping i get time Saturday or early Sunday to take it down.

Hey @upangued,
Here's the link to the Raider Roll Cage at Tower: Raider Roll Cage
FYI; it comes w/o fasteners.
See the pic below, part # 320183, is included in the kit.
To your question; I didn't buy the Proline body yet. I didn't realize it wasn't painted and I don't really feel like painting, mostly because I'm not good at it. Oh well, add "bad painter" to "bad tire gluer" to my list of faults.
I'm looking at some serious bottom feeding on the body, since I plan to cut it up to allow for a bracket to hold the GoPro.
Thinking now of getting Rustler body for the Nitro version, then using the hole for the motor that's pre-cut to attach the GoPro.
I prob have too many ideas swirling in my head...

Raider Roll Cage.JPG

@Steve thanks I think I'm understanding this more. Wish I had more free time to mess with my granite. If like to be able to change the body around to different types. Imma finally be able to take it apart tonight after work. Been trying to watch the video at work but YouTube is blocked. You can't be any worse at painting than me. And those prepainted bodies are pricey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back