Kraton Arrma Kraton diff oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heeb3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi,
I have an Arrma Kraton and would like to know what the best pinion size and diff oils to run Front, center, and rear . I am running 3.8 Trencher x .

Thanks ,
Heeb

Hi

You may also want to try 30k in the rear, 100k in the middle, and 50k in the front.

Thanks for the replies, why such a biff diff on what you guys are running 3k to 100k just curious..

Thanks

Hi

This is what I use in my E-Revo. I know it's not a Kraton but they are both 1/8 scale Truggies. "USUALLY" the 1k-10k oils are used in 1/8th scale Buggies and 10k-500k are used in 1/8th scale Truggies and Monster Trucks.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have an Arrma Kraton and would like to know what the best pinion size and diff oils to run Front, center, and rear . I am running 3.8 Trencher x .

Thanks ,
Heeb
Try 7,000 in the front and 10,000 in the center and 3,000 in the rear

What pinions are you guys running ?
Just got the truck haven't changed it yet trying to work out rear shocks and servo mout

Just got the truck haven't changed it yet.trying to work out rear shocks and servo mount .I ordered springs and UPGRADES for the mount

Might try the speed pinion that came with the truck

Well from what I know the Kraton comes with 7k front and rear 10k center . When you go thicker it evens out the power flow , with stock setup lots of power goes to the front wheels , I ended up going with 500k center and 100k front/rear . You can tell a diff but still on 6s power the Kraton still wheelies like crazy running Trencher X. So I really could go to 50 k rear an see how it does . In 4s it is awesome right now and that's the battery I like to run .
Ok...please help a newbe out...why different oil wt. Speed\response \durability?

so higher weight fluid keeps the front down more and reduces ballooning? or is that with lighter weight fluid?

ahh yes. i actually meant to type that :)

ok is there a performance loss (like loss of top speed/acceleration) with heavier weight?

Cool thanks i will try that, I've been running the 17t but i will try the 15t..

Running Trencher x 3.8 motor and esc are stock, the motor does not get to be too hot,it has never gone into protection mode. I will try the 15t though and see how it does..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back