19T pinion okay for new tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASenton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi running the 19t pinion in the senton. Just got some badland tyres for open park runs. Will the badlands be ok with 19t or will it be to much for them. I have 16t but was using 19t for some street runs thanks

Hi running the 19t pinion in the senton. Just got some badland tyres for open park runs. Will the badlands be ok with 19t or will it be to much for them. I have 16t but was using 19t for some street runs thanks
I have a senton with the badlands also, see my avatar. The badlands suck for high speed runs, they balloon and makes the truck hard to steer while running on saucers......lol. I bash in parks, dirt, grass and mud, I only run 4s because 6s breaks things........lol. I have found a happy median for my bashing with a 15t pinion and stock electronics. Motor and esc don't get hot, no shredding tires, and plenty fast for what I do. The biggest killer of these rigs is heat, whatever you do invest in a thermal heat gun, about $10. Check motor and esc temps after a few minutes and a run or two, most folks say 160 - 170 degrees is the sweet spot for these.

Ive been running 16t with 6s going great np at all with heat or nothing so think i stick with 16t for now. Yeah on 19t i think they will balloon lol

Once you put the taller badlands on it will change the gearing. The senton is geared for smaller tires in the differentials, not geared for big tires like the kraton, outcast or nero. Running 16t in mine with the badlands it was wheelie city. All it wanted to do was wheelie, talk about wheelie on demand, not to mention that after about 10 minutes or so the esc would go into thermal shut down from the heat.. This was all on 4s to. I'm just throwing my experience out there for you because I have already done this. You will just have to experiment yourself the way I did. Good luck and keep us posted.

I got a temp gun so i will keep it checked. Im running hobbywing max 8 atm to. Gonna give it a go again tommorrow

Took senton to the park today again running 6s 16t with badlands. Temps were only 100-110f for esc and motor but wasnt running it hard all the time either. Might have to lower it a bit cause yeah wheelies and have to back off. Would like to just keep it flat lol. It is kinda bit cool here to atm

Attachments

• 20732760_324505087998774_2123750129_n.jpg
    20732760_324505087998774_2123750129_n.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 26
My happy spot running the stock electronics and same wheels on 6s was a 13t but since I'm only running 4s now my happy spot is a 15t. The bigger wheels with the stock differentials turn these rigs into wheelie machines that put the outcast to shame.........lol.

lol yeah. Lowered mine a bit take it back out today see if i can get it not to stand straight up lol. I was on 4s for a while but since im now going to the big flat parks nothing it hit im on 6s

stopped senton doing wheelies but after 20min temps on motor and esc are still only 105f-110f. So going up to 19t. Its on short grass on open parks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back