1/10 scale 4wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really should have made a 2-3s brushless 1/10th scale; I guess that would have tipped 300$ and they want to stay low 2's
That's what I was thinking as well is that if they made them brushless, they would have put them in the price point of the 6s vehicles. My opinion, looking at pictures anyways, is that these newer brushed vehicles don't appear to be as well built as the larger ones, but time will tell.

When I saw the brushed motor I was really hoping for a crawler as that is the only thing I would consider getting brushed. Oh well, might have to try the Redcat Everest Gen 7 to see if I like crawlers at all.

I'm sure a BLX version will come out eventually. They'll have to get rid of the plastic gears and shafts though.

I can already forsee people trying to find metal diff gears that fit.

Lol I don't know why people always defend companies like this. Hobbico is not losing money because they're undercharging. They're losing money because management is lining their pockets and running the show into the ground. Their solution is to charge more, go figure.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Hobbico/reviews

Because, 1 - Econ101 - Corporations exist for the sole purpose of "lining the pockets" of the owners, investors, and management. Never for get that. Option B is the government gets to decide what gets produced when, and that won't work out well for us hobbyists either... And 2 - I happen to like their products and I want them to keep making them. So yeah, I will defend them.

As for a BLX version, the brushless 4wd Slash and Stampede clock at right at $500, right? (guessing). That is Kraton/Outcast/Senton range. So unless Arrma can make a BLX come in at under $400, I don't see it happening. If the diffs and plastic driveline can hold up to brushless power, I could see a BLX for around $350, which would work and kill everyone.

So all this talk about them...... anybody pre-order yet?

I'm itching to pre-order.
I'd like to sell a couple RCs at an RC bash, then roll the fund foward.
Seriously, it isn't the cash, it's the space.
I'd love to have that 4x4 Granite!
Then upgrading it with a Hobbywing 120 or 150 ESC and who-knows which motor and have a blast bashing!
Arrma's take a beating and keep on going!

As for a BLX version, the brushless 4wd Slash and Stampede clock at right at $500, right? (guessing). That is Kraton/Outcast/Senton range. So unless Arrma can make a BLX come in at under $400, I don't see it happening. If the diffs and plastic driveline can hold up to brushless power, I could see a BLX for around $350, which would work and kill everyone.

Yes, there is a big gap from $240 brushed 4x4 to more than 2x the price for $500 6s vehicles. They need a $350 1/10 brushless 4x4 to complete the lineup.

I agree the drivetrain of these current brushed models will not hold up to brushless power, but you know everyone and their cousin will try to swap it for brushless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back