1/10 scale 4wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why was I thinking this was going to be a trail truck?
Why is it the Senton 4x4 and not the Fury 4x4? We already have a Senton.
I agree with you that the naming is less than ideal. Now you will need part numbers to find replacement parts and aftermarket parts as looking for "senton a arm" may not get you the results that you want.

Ideally I would have them go with a completely different name and not use Fury or Senton, since from the looks, it's not even close to being related to or sharing any parts with either platform.

Another weird thing. For the monster truck they copied the name from the "smaller" 2wd but for the short course truck they copied the name from the "larger" 4wd....

Yeah.

Having two Senton 4wd platforms that share 0% parts won't be confusing at all... :rollseyes:

I do agree with them going "Mega" - the 4wd Granite is listed at $240 on Tower, great price for a 4wd MT. They will sell boatloads.

But - upgrade path? If they go 2S BLX, hopefully they will get metal diffs and center driveshaft. Maybe metal "HD" sliders for the wheel driveshafts? How are the 2s BLX driveshafts holding up on the other 1/10 models? OTOH, it could be argued the upgrade path is Outcast/Senton 6s. Still, I think there is room in the line up for a $350, 2s-powered brushes SCT and MT.

Upgrade for Senton will get confusing. Really, Really a bad name choice.

First impression: meh.......Second impression: these things might not even be that bad....... :cool:

For a starter set, they look pretty cool to me...I think my nr.1 and nr.2 are getting one each this Sinterklaas...:)

Arrma always brings out the Mega vehicles first in the past. Then followed by upgraded BLX vehicles.
I think they do not longer do BLS versions of their 1/10th scale models?

Would love to have a 4x4 "Furton" brushless ready roller only!
have been waiting for a 4x4 2/3S SCT from Arrma for years!

By the way, when I saw the first teaser picture I also thought they would dive in the popular scale crawler market!

HAHA, man I hope not as well. For myself, after seeing what these brushed vehicles are, I would have rather had it be a trail/crawler vehicle. With the slider driveshafts a Traxxas lawsuit was the first thing that crossed my mind lol. According to the link below, there are a number of things Arrma is getting patented.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/arrma-goes-mega-with-granite-4x4-senton-4x4/

I imagine Arrma is smart enough to learn their lesson from the lawsuit with Traxxas. I'm glad they're patenting this stuff, so if Traxxas plays any copycat, Arrma can take them to court. ;)

No Tower discounts! Not cool that they did this. Thought they were trying to NOT be like Traxxas!
Look like nice trucks though for the price.

I'm sure the BLX are on the way.
No Tower discounts! Not cool that they did this. Thought they were trying to NOT be like Traxxas!
Look like nice trucks though for the price.

Yup they lost me. I'm glad I bought the V2's but I'm not gonna support brands that disallow coupons.

Why would they NOT want to be like Traxxas? Love them or hate them, Traxxas is the best selling brand in the USA. I bet Tower saw that even without coupons, Traxxas was still their best seller. Now Hobbico in general is having money trouble, this gives them an easy way to raise revenue without "Rasing" prices.

Tower not having coupons on Hobbico produces is not great for us hobbyists, but, having Hobbico go out of business would be worse... And even paying 'full price' for Arrma's - they are still cheaper and better than Traxxas. :p

Why would they NOT want to be like Traxxas? Love them or hate them, Traxxas is the best selling brand in the USA. I bet Tower saw that even without coupons, Traxxas was still their best seller. Now Hobbico in general is having money trouble, this gives them an easy way to raise revenue without "Rasing" prices.

Tower not having coupons on Hobbico produces is not great for us hobbyists, but, having Hobbico go out of business would be worse... And even paying 'full price' for Arrma's - they are still cheaper and better than Traxxas. :p

Yeah, having them go out would be a bad thing! I guess reading all about the lawsuit and then seeing them do the no coupon thing hit a nerve.

Wow, that 4x4 granite looks to be a complete redesign. Aside from the body, I don't see a single shared part with the 2x4 version. I will have to say the plastic gears make me a bit nervous, even on a mega. I guess time will tell on those...

Now Hobbico in general is having money trouble, this gives them an easy way to raise revenue without "Rasing" prices.

Lol I don't know why people always defend companies like this. Hobbico is not losing money because they're undercharging. They're losing money because management is lining their pockets and running the show into the ground. Their solution is to charge more, go figure.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Hobbico/reviews

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back