Typhon Typhon tire blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyHop84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
I know this thread exists. I'm partially lazy and partially not satisfied with the answers lol. I have a TLR Typhon 6s. I would love to get into racing at some point which is why I purchased it however I mainly bash around at the moment. Mix of multiple types of surfaces. I live in a sub division with lots of new development so tons of terrain options. I am well versed in Monster truck, truggies and street tires. I feel like I have owned or own every MT tire that exists right now.

So, Maybe you are all going to tell me this tire doesn't exist and I accept that.

What I want Is tire that can handle all well. Doesn't have to do anything great, and most important I NEED IT TO BE VERY CLOSE TO STOCK TIRE HEIGHT.

The stock TLR tires LOL I vaporized those in 2 packs of batteries.. On 4s before put any 6s power to them. I have tried hoons silvers and whites on it. I cant get over how it looks like a roller skate and they do terrible as soon as they leave the pavement. I have tried GRP XM7s Pretty much same problem tiny little baby tires. I currently have the badlands on them. As they are are non belted I have already ripped two off the RIM and had to reglue them. I find this very annoying. Outside of that, this tire is as close to perfect that I have tested so far even tho I am burning them up pretty fast. I cant be mad because I am running an MX tire on the street. So I can deal with that. Are these my best options or is there something else out there you guys are running that you love? I have not tried the Wheel and tire combo that comes on the regular Typhon 6s. I though about buying all 7 sets off Jennys and just burning through them. Any feedback on those would be appreciated.

I have an obsession with tires and will buy pretty much anything yall tell me to if it looks like it might be fun and or work.

check these out:
Very close to stock diameter, belted, and very good on multiple surfaces (I have them on my Typhon 6S). Although I just started using them, they are wearing nicely.
Like you, I have been chasing the perfect tire, and these are pretty close to what I have been looking for.

https://rccarworld.com/product/12mm-hex-borrego-2-2-1-10-buggy-rear-wheels-4-b6-22-black/

Looks like RC Car World has them on back order but I am sure you can find them elsewhere.

check these out:
Very close to stock diameter, belted, and very good on multiple surfaces (I have them on my Typhon 6S). Although I just started using them, they are wearing nicely.
Like you, I have been chasing the perfect tire, and these are pretty close to what I have been looking for.

https://rccarworld.com/product/12mm-hex-borrego-2-2-1-10-buggy-rear-wheels-4-b6-22-black/

Looks like RC Car World has them on back order but I am sure you can find them elsewhere.
ohhhh those look like a nice A/T tire.. 17mm Hexs?

check these out:

Ok I ordered a set. These remind me of a solid tight pattern all terrain. Literally great at nothing but good at everything. Very excited to try these. Will update you after I put it on punch 9 and 6s and test the belts!! :)

Back