News from your area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tornado shredded a big windmill..

@0:30
Apparently even mother nature thinks they're ugly? LOL
But seriously, that's some scary stuff. I won't complain of northeast winters vs what these things do.. hope everyone is safe who were affected.

That the big tornado in the Iowan territory?
Not sure about that, but I was thinking about you when I saw the news reports from Iowa. “Tornado Alley” covers a whole lot more territory than it used to. Over 800 tornados documented this year so far, which is typically about how many there are all year long. It’s been a brutal year. So freaking terrifying, and my heart really goes out to everyone affected. One moment everything is fine, and then instantly everything you know and love is gone. Poof, evaporated. There’s no defense against it at all. All you can do is try to find a place safe enough to survive the next few minutes and pray for your life. Definitely hard to watch the footage of those areas, and lately I’ve been watching it every morning.

That is one beautiful tornado, all those smaller ones circling around it, cool.
I agree that it's fascinating to watch, the video that is, from about 800 miles away.. man, I always wonder how and why folks live in these catastrophe prone areas.🤔 I guess if it's what you're "used" to, but no way for me. We see small stuff every so many years here, but such events are fairly uncommon. I can't imagine rebuilding everything from scratch, knowing is likely going to happen again during my lifetime.. but loss of loved ones is my biggest fear TBH.

Back