My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Remember when Hitlers boy. A Nazi war criminal and he was the head of fkin NASA? He was no low level Nazi. He put us ion the moon and we let a Nazi run a US government space program. If you donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about? Ya never had hs history. Fact. We didnā€™t even hide it. Every single president has done shady stuff. Itā€™s s just canā€™t believe we arenā€™t arguing that ā€œitā€™s ok to let a Nazi run NASA! We HAD to beat Russia to the moon!ā€ And the mob killed Kennedy for locking them out of Cuba. Or no? Letā€™s fight! šŸ¤œšŸ»šŸ¤›šŸ»šŸ’ŖšŸ»šŸ¤£šŸ˜¶ā€šŸŒ«ļø Iā€™m just kidding and talking out my arse. I like turtles is what I meant to say!
Are we talking about Werner von Braun?
I am not so sure he was an actual Nazi, as we perceive the German.Nazis nowadays.
For the record:
I don't in any way sympathise with Nazis. I just want to be historically correct here.
Dr von Braun was enlisted, like all fighting age German men. As a scientist, he continued his work for the Germans during the war, developing military equipment. He wouldn't have been able to do that, had he not been a member of the leading political party of the time, Die National Sozialistische Partei. Working on top secret military projects, would likewise, not have been possible without a high military rank in the SS.
I have been reading and watching a lot of books and documentaries, about the war and i got to believe Dr. von Braun was just another poor sob who just had to go with the flow to survive. Nowhere have i seen evidence of him being involved in the nasty stuff the Nazis were known for. If that was the case, i believe he would have been prosecuted instead of enlisted by the Americans.

Last edited:
Are we talking about Werner von Braun?
I am not so sure he was an actual Nazi, as we perceive the German.Nazis nowadays.
For the record:
I don't in any way sympathise with Nazis. I just want to be historically correct here.
Dr von Braun was enlisted, like all fighting age German men. As a scientist, he continued his work for the Germans during the war, developing military equipment. He wouldn't have been able to do that, had he not been a member of the leading political party of the time, Die National Sozialistische Partei. Working on top secret military projects, would likewise, not have been possible without a high military rank in the SS.
I have been reading and watching a lot of books and documentaries, about the war and i got to believe Dr. von Braun was just another poor sob who just had to go with the flow to survive. Nowhere have i seen evidence of him being involved in the nasty stuff the Nazis were known for. If that was the case, i believe he would have been prosecuted instead of enlisted by the Americans.

The Germans, specifically the Nazis, had a habit of killing and jailing any non-conformists. The chances of "correction" were much higher if you were a person of influence - scientists, doctors, business people, community leaders. Like all good dictators many of them had to tell the story the party dictated. Keep in mind there was no due process, no tribunal and no discussion. Someone deemed you a threat and it was done. They came for you and your family in the middle of the night.

It doesn't make it right, but if that ever happens again, you will find a lot of people second guessing their own values just to survive. Sure all of us "men" say, "Not me. I'm better than that." and you probably are. But if means being taken out vs helping a little bit at a time, the later is a more strategic choice.

Oskar Schindler was a prominent member of the Nazi party, yet he and his wife were named Righteous Among the Nations, an award the State of Israel given to non-Jews who had an role in rescuing Jewish people during the Holocaust. I believe he is the only Nazi to be awarded.

So I can believe it's possible Dr. Van Braun was not a Nazi in his heart, just as other's have demonstrated. Working for NASA in the '60s he probably worked side by side with plenty of Jewish people as well. Maybe it was a case of him blending in to surviv, I dunno?

If anyone is interested Alter Wiener, he wrote a book about being a prisoner in the camps. There are lot's of synopsis and YT videos too. Interesting and tragic story. He tells the story so people know.

Since it's a rant, will add a bit.
What I find frustrating is people comparing people to Hitler. It's like they have no idea what Hitler really did. By using Hitler as an insult, just degrades the magnitude of what he did and wanted to do. Worse yet, I hear people use it in mud slinging campaigns, so it's not even to tell someone off, they use it for personal gain. Which is nothing but propaganda.

Back