Maybe its finally time to change out fans...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
Testament to how much better the aluminum case fans are: These have both had broken blades and been off-balance for almost 6 months. They make a terrible humming noise when running, but they still spin smooth! Those are some solid bearings.
20230527_115922.jpg

The only reason I'm retiring them is because the last few fan blades on the left one finally broke off. It doesn't really blow air without fan blades ;)

The one on the right still blows decent air though! So maybe I'll just be cheap and replace only the left one...!

Throw some screen mesh over them is a cheap upgrade.
I've been meaning to do this to my fans. Little blades of grass love making their way into the fans, even with the factory fan grilles on. Maybe I'll finally get around to it one of these weekends :cautious:

Testament to how much better the aluminum case fans are: These have both had broken blades and been off-balance for almost 6 months. They make a terrible humming noise when running, but they still spin smooth! Those are some solid bearings.
View attachment 302470
The only reason I'm retiring them is because the last few fan blades on the left one finally broke off. It doesn't really blow air without fan blades ;)

The one on the right still blows decent air though! So maybe I'll just be cheap and replace only the left one...!
Just remove the other four blades and that thing'll be running quiet and smooth. Simple as.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back