IT'S OFFICIAL,🌷🏡 SPRING IS HERE.👍What are you doing today?😁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yall build the subs in a build yard or in a huge building? You grind welds? And I guess all the LEDS are in the build sub. We changed all our stadium lights out to LED strips few years ago. Took a while to get use to.

Man I can still hear the rock grinders in my head from up on the hill in the wheel shop where I used to work.

Big ol grinders on 5 ton river boat wheels makes a heck of a racket.

You can see the grind marks in this pic I took on the dock.

I love what I do as a mechanic but man if I ever needed a change I'd go straight back to building river boats. Love me some fab and welding all day. So long as I got to pick my crew anyway.

IMAG0101.jpg

Man I can still hear the rock grinders in my head from up on the hill in the wheel shop where I used to work.

Big ol grinders on 5 ton river boat wheels makes a heck of a racket.

You can see the grind marks in this pic I took on the dock.

I love what I do as a mechanic but man if I ever needed a change I'd go straight back to building river boats. Love me some fab and welding all day. So long as I got to pick my crew anyway.

View attachment 366284
What ever is holding that prop up does not look like safety protocol.our safety advisors at my place would have that all red taped .it should be on strong backs

What ever is holding that prop up does not look like safety protocol.our safety advisors at my place would have that all red taped .it should be on strong backs

It's super hard to see in that pic what is actually going on. I don't know what they call it, we just referred to them as "wheel straps".
You've got the nut and then two 1/4 by 6-8in wide straps in an X welded across the shaft- bent over then nut and welded to the nut across the flats.
What's more fun is it's common for those nuts to be made of brass. So you'd strap them with steel and weld the steel to the brass with brass rods. A lot of folks don't even know that's a thing. Welds really similar to stainless. Flat weld only. Super fluid with a super slow freeze rate on it.

You'd taste brass for hours after welding that crap. Especially if you smoked a cig. I was 1 of only a few guys that did it.

It's deff up to code for towboats. Everything we did was watched over by osha bastads like a hawk.

It's super hard to see in that pic what is actually going on. I don't know what they call it, we just referred to them as "wheel straps".
You've got the nut and then two 1/4 by 6-8in wide straps in an X welded across the shaft- bent over then nut and welded to the nut across the flats.
What's more fun is it's common for those nuts to be made of brass. So you'd strap them with steel and weld the steel to the brass with brass rods. A lot of folks don't even know that's a thing. Welds really similar to stainless. Flat weld only. Super fluid with a super slow freeze rate on it.

You'd taste brass for hours after welding that crap. Especially if you smoked a cig. I was 1 of only a few guys that did it.

It's deff up to code for towboats. Everything we did was watched over by osha bastads like a hawk.
Gladd they were watching cause it's sketchy looking.be safe

Get daaaa fukkkl up .. throw on your steel toe boots and get to work you bums 🤣🤣

Beautiful day today ..maybey later this afternoon I might take out something and do another video 🤔 😁👍 .i need more subscribers.so let's go

Back