Kraton Aftermarket battery straps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still run a strap. In a hard impact Velcro won’t always keep your batteries from being ejected. And if they are you risk ripping wires out of your ESC or battery. Not worth the risk to me.

I think the stuff on the roll is like the stock Arrma battery strap, just one long continuous piece of Velcro.

Huh, The Garage life and Saga straps look the same, but with a different label? How can that be? :unsure: ;):p

Just playin with ya brother @tysonwald .;)✌️

Glad to see you here, promoting and backing your products. 👍🍻

For real! My bro works construction, union carpenter. He brought me a bag full of what appears to be similar, fell off the truck er somthin", but I literally just used some to make straps for my K8S just last night, first time I've used it.
I've had this stuff kicking around for like a year! LOL. Works very well TBH. I used it to run lengthwise front to back in conjunction with the factory Arrma straps to secure a new pair of Turnigy Rapid 8000 4s 140-240C hard case batts that were delivered yesterday. I've only got one run on the Turnigy batts thus far, hoping they hold up well.
Right. Works great. Perfect, custom, strong straps. Nice battery, a little heavy like mine. I have SMC 8400 120c. Just make sure you have foam padding all around. I lined my tray with 1/4" adhesive backed neoprene foam,especially the front, after I cracked the seam open on the heavy battery. Plus I upgraded to all metal 6s shocks with much stiffer springs that are adjustable. It sits so high and i have it set to spring ALL the way back up to prepare it for those big landings of course.😀 Wore that battery out yesterday on the ramp with no problems and i swear i got over and hour with it.
17152134907523388789654529741271.jpg

I would still run a strap. In a hard impact Velcro won’t always keep your batteries from being ejected. And if they are you risk ripping wires out of your ESC or battery. Not worth the risk to me.
See to me you are at more of a risk of losing your battery than I. Basically because of the seam and the tear ability of most straps that I have seen. Plus I still get the same or more of a velcro connection than a strap with a buckle and with a roll of the stuff, I can keep the velcro fresh if it ever wears out which it never has. Lastly the roll of velcro that sticks to itself is twice as thick as any straps out there because it has 2 layers to stick to itself and battery straps just have 1 layer with a seam. There is no tearing the stuff.
I broke every part on hard impacts off my ramp, but my battery has never budged.

I think the stuff on the roll is like the stock Arrma battery strap, just one long continuous piece of Velcro.
2 layers thick and the same amount or more velcro contact. One layer hooks and other side is loops. Twice as strong as any strap or more because of the seam.

See to me you are at more of a risk of losing your battery than I. Basically because of the seam and the tear ability of most straps that I have seen. Plus I still get the same or more of a velcro connection than a strap with a buckle and with a roll of the stuff, I can keep the velcro fresh if it ever wears out which it never has. Lastly the roll of velcro that sticks to itself is twice as thick as any straps out there because it has 2 layers to stick to itself and battery straps just have 1 layer with a seam. There is no tearing the stuff.
I broke every part on hard impacts off my ramp, but my battery has never budged.

2 layers thick and the same amount or more velcro contact. One layer hooks and other side is loops. Twice as strong as any strap or more because of the seam.

Do you know what that is called or have a link to what it is?

I used the bulk velcro my brother gifted me as an addition to the factory Arrma straps on my K8S. Though velcro is velcro no? I mean all the battery straps we use rely on the friction of velcro to keep our batteries secure.
Of course there are many grades and brands, then of course the backing materials to which the velcro is attached, how it's attached..fused, glued, sewn..
I suppose anyone whose planning on running big dollar batteries and running hard ought to be mindful of using quality straps for investment protection and safety.

I used the bulk velcro my brother gifted me as an addition to the factory Arrma straps on my K8S. Though velcro is velcro no? I mean all the battery straps we use rely on the friction of velcro to keep our batteries secure.
Of course there are many grades and brands, then of course the backing materials to which the velcro is attached, how it's attached..fused, glued, sewn..
I suppose anyone whose planning on running big dollar batteries and running hard ought to be mindful of using quality straps for investment protection and safety.
Ok, I get it now. You’re making straps from that Velcro. I thought you were talking about sticking it down in the battery tray and putting a strip or two on the battery to stick it down like people do with 3M Dual-Lock.

To add, having an actual tray for the battery to sit "in" is paramount, as well as said tray being securely attached to the chassis. I know this is elemental, but sometimes I feel compelled to state the obvious I guess. With so many building out speed runners these days on custom CF chassis and whatnot. ✌️

Ok, I get it now. You’re making straps from that Velcro. I thought you were talking about sticking it down in the battery tray and putting a strip or two on the battery to stick it down like people do with 3M Dual-Lock.
Ah, sorry, I hadn't even thought about that TBH.. but that would be a terrible idea indeed. I have used adhesive backed velcro for esc's and receivers many times over the years myself, but TBH, I've also had esc's come loose from the velcro. So I gave up on velcro for esc's. Now it's either screwed down, or a combination of double sided tape and cable ties for me. Sometimes I like to combine the servo tape with screws too, just for the damping effect the tape provides to the esc.

Last edited:
Do you know what that is called or have a link to what it is?
No tearing the stuff I said...well I did break a strap yesterday. It was a long hard chassis slap and I discovered it immediately because I checked after the hit. The strap was 4 months old and a little worn from other maintenance, plus being wet and dried and dirty and stretched. I am just going to cut a new one. Still good battery straps, but everything wears out at some point.

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Sided...1715709994&sprefix=velcro+roll,aps,101&sr=8-3

Back