Anyone know Of ... A PLANETARY In-Line gearbox that mounts to a typical 4274 or so Brushless 5mm shaft @ 3/1 or 4/1 ratio ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Been on the web searching for hours and while gearboxes are out there, motor/box combos ..... Not found any direct or obvious info on said subject for an 1/8 scale size rig ?

My second Kraton parts build is going "Fun Crawler" bias and feel MUCH lower gearing needed and doing so at motor with a planetary seems to make the most sense.

Thanks for any help :oops:

Many hours more research .... Found a route to hopefully get where wanting to go with this project :unsure:

Planetary gearboxes purpose built for a R/C Crawler mounting as a single output on lets cal it 500/600 series motors be them Brushed or Brushless came down to 2 versions. One being an @ 3/1 reduction Ratio having 3.175mm input and output shaft sizing.
Second an @ 5/1 reduction Ratio with 3.175mm input and 5mm output which is what is wanted (y) SO WE ORDER it at @ $28 landed

Now the issue is a Brushless motor in the footprint of a 500/600 can brushed motor, which uses the same bolt pattern as the larger motors we currently use in these 6S rigs.
Being I've been forced to go 5/1 reduction, lets KV up a tad from the 1400/1800 range I had been thinking. We settle for a 2250KV Outrunner design sold as a CRAWLER motor with a 2S to 4S rating. Again about $30 landed

If this works out we will have a Plug-N-Play motor that can have a full power direct drive for Bashing / Racing or substantially geared down Crawler motor for more casual playing around.

I know the motor is a 1/10 scale, but geared down to 5/1 ratio For low intensity crawling / low speed use I'm banking it will be just fine.

mail.png

ywyAEyAHwAyAyvzzwCEByBGGyDyBFHCCGBAxRXOV.jpg

Last edited:
Back